Since effective learning takes place in a positive atmosphere, we focus on reinforcing positive behavior. We want you to use your time at school purposefully. So you are expected to:
- Be Punctual. Arrive before 8.00 a.m.
- Report to the guards and sign the late book if you arrive after 8.05 a.m.
- Report directly to the lobby of the auditorium if you are late and worship is in progress.
- Behave in a sensible and responsible manner that does not prevent others from learning.
- Treat all members of the Naparima Girls’ High School community with respect and consideration.
- Avoid conflict, unkindness and rudeness to others.
- Consult with staff to help resolve conflict if it occurs.
- Spend free periods constructively. Supervision is arranged in order to provide you this opportunity.
- Attend school every day. You will be considered absent from school if you do not attend classes on a particular day.
- Be responsible for work you may have missed.
We want you to be safe in and out of school and your property to be secure. So observe the following:
- When travelling to and from school do not talk to, or accept lifts from strangers.
- Do not loiter around malls, bars, shops etc. Go straight home after school.
- Inform your parents about your whereabouts at all times.
- Remain on the school compound unless permission is given to leave. Follow proper procedures when leaving school before time.
- If you need to leave the classroom, seek permission from your teacher.
- Possession and/or use of alcohol or and other dangerous or addictive substances will not be tolerated in school or to and from school.
- Do not bring a mobile phone with a camera. As you enter the school compound, your mobile phone must be switched off and can be switched on after 2:40 p.m. Do not have a mobile phone on your person in an exam room.
- Avoid bringing large sums of money or equipment such as iPods, iPads, cameras, Kindles etc to school. If you must, please inform your Form Teacher. The school will not be held responsible for the loss of any such equipment.
- Mark all clothing and personal belongings with indelible ink. If you lose something report it to your form mistress and check with office staff.
- Visits to public places in uniform must be done through permission from your parents or in the company of your parents.
- Under no circumstances are you to change from school uniform to civilian clothes to leave the school compound.
Some areas on the school’s compound are considered remote and somewhat isolated or private, so to ensure your safety at all times, avoid:
- The principal’s residence and yard.
- The verandah at the back of the Sarah Morton Dormitory.
- Specialist areas if a member of staff is not present.
- Staff rooms and adjoining corridors without valid reasons.
- Backstage of the auditorium without permission.
- Loitering on the Skywalk.
- Any other area deemed isolated.
We want you to have a clean and healthy environment so you must respect the school premises and property at all times. You are expected to:
- Avoid eating or drinking in any specialist room and in the auditorium.
- Use the bins provided to dispose of all litter.
- Resist any attempt to operate any equipment unless a teacher is present.
- Access only those web sites deemed appropriate by the school. You are cautioned against spreading any confidential or distasteful material via e-mail and against revealing personal contact information of others.
- Leave fruits and flowers on the trees unless otherwise instructed.
- Avoid defacing any item of school property e.g. desks, chairs, walls. If you do so, you will be billed for any repairs that have to be made as a result.
- Leave the toilets clean at all times.
- Have with you your personal items such as soap, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, sanitary napkins and tissues.
We try to provide a safe and happy environment so that teaching and learning can take place. You must do your part to make this happen.
- The use of profane or obscene language or obscene gestures. e.g. swearing, writing material or pictures that convey an offensive, racial, obscene or sexually suggestive message will not be tolerated.
- Peers and all members of staff must be respected at all times. There is zero tolerance for insubordination, threats or intimidation. You are expected to follow any lawful direction from any authorised member of teaching or non-teaching staff during school time.
- There is zero tolerance for bullying of any kind.
- Inappropriate material must not be posted on the internet. Be aware of the dangers of the indiscriminate use of social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace. Ask.fm, instagram.com, snapchat.com, tumblr.com
- Comments on or pictures of school-related activities must not be released to the print or electronic media without the principal’s permission.
Note that ANY breach of these Guidelines will be dealt with promptly, in keeping with the National School Code of Conduct of the Ministry of Education.