Naparima Girls’ High School, together with the home, Church and the community, will produce responsible well-adjusted individuals who are committed to excellence and who will contribute positively to a dynamic society.
Naparima Girls’ High School envisions members of the school community working together to create a learning environment that engenders growth in character, academic excellence, respect for self, others and the environment. Our school will continue to share our rich spiritual heritage based on Presbyterian teachings and ideals and promote a safe, supportive and nurturing environment. Our students will graduate as critical thinkers, problem solvers and technologically competent individuals. They will be well rounded, proactive, aesthetically aware, adaptable, patriotic citizens who will continue to lead healthy and positive lifestyles.
We believe that
- All individuals can learn
- All individuals are responsible for their own actions and decisions
- All individuals have cognitive, social, emotional, creative and spiritual needs
- The fulfillment of individuals’ needs depends upon the collaborative partnership of school, home, church and community
- High, yet realistic expectations are vital to optimal learning and teaching
- Truth, honesty and integrity are essential core values
- Mutual respect and acceptance of diversity are essential for developing sense of community
- Learning is a lifelong process
- All individuals are proactive in responding to environmental and technological changes